Friends of the Library Fall Book Sale: October 20-22
The Friends of the DeKalb Public Library Fall Book Sale is fast approaching, and we want to take this opportunity to thank them for all of their hard work and support! Did you know that in 2023 so far, the Friends have sponsored more than $10,000 in programs and equipment for the library?
These are just a few of the events and initiatives the Friends have helped to fund in 2023:
- 8 Countries in 1 Day: Colombian Dancers, West African Drumming, Indian Dancers, Stella the Sloth, and Ghanaian Chocolate
- Catch the Twain: The Musical
- Mr. Taps: The King of Whimsical Dance
- Over There: the U.S. in World War I
- Plants for the Haish Courtyard Garden
- TAILS Puppy Party Snacks
- Tai Chi Classes
- Teen Talent Show
- Tween/Teen Chess Club
- Over 600 Books for Preschoolers
- An Incubator and Eggs for the Youth Department
And many more! Our Friends are generous with their time and support, helping us to fill the library with music, dance, laughter, and learning. Our library wouldn’t be the same without them!
Who are the Friends? The Friends of the DeKalb Public Library is a non-profit, volunteer community service organization that raises funds to support library programs and to purchase books and materials. The group raises money by organizing used book sales in the fall and spring and by selling used books year-round on shelves on the main floor and lower level.