Support the Library
The library offers an on-going volunteer program for teens! You can volunteer at the library regularly, or as your schedule allows. We can provide a record of your volunteer service to meet school or extracurricular requirements. We can’t provide volunteer opportunities for court-ordered volunteering.
You must be between the ages of 11-17 or in grades 6-12 to become a VolunTeen.
For more information, contact Steven Marshall, Teen Services Manager at [email protected] or (815) 756-9568 ext. 3400.
Volunteer at the Library
- Keep the library tidy by dusting shelves or lining up all the edges of the books so they match
- Set up a book display on a teen-interest topic, with the librarian’s assistance
- Help out with special library events
- Prepare supplies for Take & Make crafts
- Help the Friends of the Library set up for their book sales
- Participate in other activities to help the library
Volunteer from Home
- Promote the library’s social media accounts with peers
- Write book reviews to recommend books to others
- Share information about library events and activities
- Add photos of Teen Take & Make crafts and tag with @dekalbpubliclibrary