The library offers an on-going volunteer program for teens! You can volunteer at the library regularly, or as your schedule allows. This provides you with volunteer hours for your National Honors Society membership, and to put on your college application.
For more information, contact Susan Garlisch, Teen Services Manager at [email protected] or (815) 756-9568 ext. 3400.
Become a Library VolunTeen:
- Be between the ages of 12-17 or in grades 7-12.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Receive a welcome message from the Teen Librarian with a complete list of volunteer opportunities and further instruction.
- Set up a day and time to volunteer on a regular basis, or request to be contacted as needed for special projects.
Volunteer at the Library
- Tame the bookshelves by lining up all the edges of the books to the edge of the shelf.
- Set up a book display on a teen-interest topic, with the librarian’s assistance.
- Supervise an activity at special library events.
- Prepare supplies for Take & Make crafts.
Volunteer from Home
- Encourage your friends to follow the library’s social media accounts.
- Submit a book review to our Google drop box.
- Be a library influencer at your school by spreading the word about events and activities.
- Share a photo of your Teen Take & Make craft on Instagram @dekalbpubliclibrary