Hello, my crafty friends! Miss Julie here with another crochet video for you. This time, we are learning about the double crochet stitch! In this video I show you how to make a headband, but there are all kinds of projects that you can do with this stitch:
Pretty cool, huh? But before we get started on any of these neat projects, you have to learn the basics. Here’s the video for today’s project:
Here’s the typed out instructions for quick reference:
1.Create a slipknot, chain 8, then chain 3 more.
2. In the 8th chain, double crochet your first stitch.
To make a double crochet stitch:
a. yarn over
b. insert your hook
c. yarn over again
d. pull the hook and yarn through the chain
e. yarn over, and pull the hook and yarn through the first two loops
f. yarn over again, and pull the hook and yarn through the last two loops.
3. Double crochet to the end of the row.
4. Chain 3. Turn your work.
5. Continue until your headband is the length you want.
6. Pull your yarn through. Do not chain 3.
7. Fold the two ends together and either stitch them shut, or single crochet the ends together.
8. Weave in the ends.
Here’s the instructions again, but this time in “crochet speak”:
- Ch8, ch3.
- Starting in 4th ch, dc 8 until the end.
- Ch3. Turn.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until length desired. Finish off.
- Match two ends together, sc8 to fasten.
- Finish off. Weave in ends.
And here’s my finished project:
What will your project look like? I can’t wait to see! What colors will you choose? Will you decorate your headband with flowers, gems, Lego guys, or dinosaurs? The possibilities are endless!