Attention, fellow Earthlings! On January 2nd, we celebrate Science Fiction Day, a tribute to the power of human imagination!
If you’re a big fan of anything that has to do with the creative wonders of outer space and other interstellar adventures, then sci-fi is just the genre for you!
Science Fiction is a genre that consists of imaginary stories that revolve around science, technology, space, and the extraterrestrial. We can see this genre portrayed in novels, comic books, TV shows, movies, etc.
There are so many types of science fiction, from apocalyptic stories to Space/Western Sci-Fi; there are endless amounts of stories you can explore in this genre.
If you’re new to the genre and don’t know where to start, here are some books that are totally out of this world.
- Rover and Speck by Jonathon Roth
- Capitan Cat Goes to Mars by Emma Virjan
- A Rover’s Story by Jasmine Warga
- The First Cat in Space Ate Pizza by Mac Barnett and Shawn Harris
- Tiger Honor by Yoon Ha Lee
- Ruby Finley vs. The Interstellar Invasion by Tempest Bradley
- Trex by Christyne Morrell
- The Aquanaut by Dan Santat