The library has several voter registrars on staff. Voter registration services are offered on a walk-in basis when a registrar is present, or you may make an appointment to register to vote by contacting the Adult Services department at (815) 756-9568 ext. 2150 or email@example.com.
To register as a voter in Illinois, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a resident of Illinois for at least 30 days.
- Be at least 18 years old (if you are 17 years old, you can vote in the General Primary election IF you will be 18 years old on or before the General Election).
- NOT be registered to vote in another state.
To complete your registration, you will need to bring two documents proving identification. One document must show your current address.
- Either a copy of your valid photo identification, such as your:
- Driver’s license.
- ID card.
- The last four digits of your SSN and a valid photo identification.
- A copy of a document proving your residential address, such as your:
- Current utility bill.
- Bank statement.
- Pay check.