The library offers a VolunTeen program for ages 12-17 or grades 7-12. Virtual volunteer opportunities available year-round In-person volunteer opportunities offered when available
Become a VolunTeen:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Receive a welcome message from the Teen Librarian with instructions.
- Watch the video tutorial and read through the instructions which you are sent.
- Complete a task and submit proof to the Teen Librarian.
- Keep an accurate list of your volunteer hours. Allow one week for the Teen Librarian to respond to a request for the total number of volunteer hours which you have completed at the DeKalb Public Library.
Opportunities to volunteer virtually:
- Write or film a video review of a book, a graphic novel, or an audiobook for teens.
- Do a good deed for an elder, child, or peer.
- Attend and participate in a virtual advisory group or book discussion for tweens or teens.
- Comment on and share three posts from one of the library’s social media accounts.
- Make a Teen Take & Make Craft and share a photo with the hashtag #dkplteens.
Opportunities to volunteer in person at the library (when available, and when scheduled ahead of time with the Teen Librarian):
- Help set up a book display.
- Face the books on a book shelf.
- Prepare supplies for a library program or a Take & Make Craft.
- Supervise an activity at a library event.
- Attend and participate in a library advisory group or book discussion for tweens or teens.
For more information, contact Susan firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 756-9568 ext. 3400.