Your support is greatly appreciated!
Thanks to the generous support of donors like you the library recently completed an expansion project that tripled our space—including a bright and airy children’s play area, meeting rooms for community use, and a sustainable IT infrastructure—while maintaining the beautiful Art Deco-era Haish building, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. With the addition complete, we have returned our focus to our mission of supporting lifelong learning and cultivating connections within our diverse community.
Gifts like yours help us to offer more resources to the people of DeKalb. The library now provides:
- Technology-based “maker” classes using 3D printers, Arduino microcontrollers, and digital resources
- Free and accessible play spaces for young children outfitted with educational toys and materials designed to promote early literacy
- A safe and educational environment where teenagers can study and interact
- Comfortable seating areas and study rooms
- Over 50 public Internet computers and high-speed WiFi
- Enhanced programming for all ages
- Equal access to all materials and services by being ADA compliant
Don’t forget that your donation is tax-deductible.
Other ways to donate:
You can donate your time by volunteering at the library. We have many opportunities for volunteers. Please click here for additional information.
Support the library with books for the Friends of the Library Book Sales. All of the proceeds from these book sales go to support the library’s programs and material purchases. When you drop off your donated books be sure to ask for a copy of our tax letter for your records, as your donations are tax-deductible.
Plan your gift to the library through annuities, wills and trusts by contacting your attorney. These methods of planned giving are an integral part of ensuring the DeKalb Public Library’s excellence for generations to come.