While I do enjoy scrolling through the internet trying to find fun recipes, I personally feel nothing beats flipping through a cookbook. Not only are the pictures stunning, they usually contain great tips and tricks that help bring a recipe together. Plus, there are no pop-up ads! Some of the cookbooks I enjoy flipping through the most are on baking. Look below for a list of cookbooks all about baking that are available at the library!
1. The Perfect Pie: Your Ultimate Guide to Classic and Modern Pies, Tarts, Galettes, and More By America’s Test Kitchen – If you are looking for a book that covers all things pie, this is it. The beginning of this cookbook covers techniques, tools, and terms to give a foundation before jumping into trying one of the recipes. Each section following covers a category of pie, and features many wonderful recipes. Overall, this is a great resource whether you’re looking to master a classic pie, or try something new.
2. Dessert Person: Recipes and Guidance for Baking with Confidence By Claire Saffitz – This is Claire Saffitz’s first cookbook, and definitely one to check out. Many know Saffitz from YouTube, where her videos display her knowledge and passion for baking. You can find that same excitement seen in Saffitz’s videos riddled throughout this cookbook through her fresh takes on recipes and fun flavor combinations.
3. Black Girl Baking: Wholesome Recipes Inspired by a Soulful Upbringing By Jerrelle Guy – Get ready to use your senses with this cookbook, as Guy places great emphasis on using them while baking these wonderful recipes. In this cookbook you can look forward to finding recipes for breads, bars, cakes and much more. If you are on the hunt for vegan treats, there are options for you in here as well.
4. The Farmer’s Daughter Bakes: Cakes, Pies, Crisps & More for Every Fruit on the Farm By Kelsey Siemens – Find wonderful fruit centered desserts, both classic and new, in this cookbook! This is a great resource if you’re looking for a delicious way to use up extra fruit you are unsure what to do with. Featured are recipes for each of the seasons including various donut, cookie, and tart recipes.
5. Chocolate is Forever: Classic Cakes, Cookies, Pastries, Pies, Puddings, Candies, Confections, and More By Maida Heatter – This cookbook is a compilation of chocolate centered recipes from Heatter’s other cookbooks. If you can’t get enough of chocolate desserts, consider this your one-stop cookbook.
6. Marbled, Swirled, and Layered: 150 Recipes and Variations for Artful Bars, Cookies, Pies, Cakes, and More By Irvin Lin – This cookbook is all about bringing flavor into your baked goods through techniques including marbling. Find 150 recipes for cakes, brownies, cookies, and much more! This cookbook is also available on Hoopla.
7. Crumb: Show the Dough Who’s Boss By Richard Bertinet – Bread bakers and lovers, this one is for you. In this cookbook, you can find recipes for sourdough bread, flatbreads and more. Included are tips and steps to help walk one through the bread baking process. If you are looking to tackle bread making from scratch, this is a great resource!
8. Pastry Love: A Baker’s Journal of Favorite Recipes By Joanne Chang – This cookbook features beautiful recipes ranging from beginner level, to more complex. With 125 recipes to choose from, deciding what to make first can be a hard choice.