November 28th, 2014
Why wait until Summer to join a reading club? We are starting a brand new Winter Reading Club for children beginning Monday, December 1st through Saturday, January 1st. “The Together is Better” themed club is for children up to age twelve and their families.
We are encouraging each child to sign-up and get a reading log. Once signed-up, children can read with a family member, friend, pet or even a stuffed animal to complete their log and earn a free book. We will have special winter programming to make sure families are encouraged to read this winter.
- On Tuesday, December 9th at 3:00 p.m., St. Mary’s children choir, Vocal Voices, will be caroling at the library.
- Saturday, December 13th at 10:00 a.m., families can enjoy our first Polar Express Event & Movie.
- Tweens will be able to make Holiday Cookies on Tuesday, December 16th at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 18th at 7:00 p.m. will bring holiday cheer in the form of the Rodriguez Family Quintet, holiday snacks, hot cocoa, read-alouds, activities and games during the Holiday Shenanigans event.
- Magic and Snowball, the white rabbit visits the library on Monday, December 29th at 1:30 p.m.
- The end of the month brings a “frozen” affair as we show Disney’s Frozen on Tuesday, December 30th at 2:00 p.m. and have a Frozen Princess Party by Royal Remembrance on Wednesday, December 31st at 1:00 p.m.
Families may visit the Youth Services Desk to register, receive a calendar of events, and get more information or call Theresa at 815-756-9568 ext. 250. You may visit our event calendar online to view all events schedule.