- This event has passed.
Pop-up LEGO Club
Saturday July 18 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Hey, Lego loving families! Let’s have a picnic! Up until now, Lego Club has been online, but now we are going to try something new. Weather permitting, we will have an outdoor Lego Club meeting on the Library’s patio and in the area next to the garden. Here’s how this will work:
- We can accommodate seven families, and signup is required.
- We have separated all of our Legos into seven, equally sized boxes, and each family will get the use of one box. The Legos that are in each box are different, but each box has the same amount. In addition to Legos, we’ve included three base plates (green, blue, and pink/purple), at least two Lego figures, and at least enough wheels to make one vehicle. We also have two boxes of Duplos, but those are first come, first serve. We cannot do a separate signup for the Duploes, so if you want just the Duplos and NOT a box of Legos, send us an email and we will reserve a box for you until they run out, and we will make sure there is a space for you to work. If they are still available on the day of, then we will allow any Lego attendee to claim a box for a younger sibling.
- The sidewalk gets very hot so bring a blanket for your child to sit on. Also, if you have a camping chair you would like to bring, feel free.
- We will have designated spots for you to set up your blanket and chairs. Families will need to stay in their space for the duration of the program, so there will be no Lego sharing, and parents need to stay with their kids to ensure that everyone stays safe. Masks are encouraged, but social distancing between non-related patrons is mandatory.
- This will be a free-build situation. Since we cannot have kids leaving their space to share Legos, we didn’t want to tie a theme to this because you are limited to what is in your box. However, if people would prefer a theme to give themselves a challenge, we will theme the next meeting.
- When you are done building, call me over and I will take a picture of your build for the Lego Page on the library’s website.
- If you have not claimed your box of Legos by 10:10 a.m. and we have families with more than two kids, we will allow another family to claim the box.
- At the end of the program, please re-box your Legos and I will collect them after you leave. They will be quarantined until the next program.