Why Support the DeKalb Public Library?
The DeKalb Public Library, whose mission is to inform, educate and entertain area residents, is the one organization in our area that is comprehensive in its resources and services, and that makes its resources freely available to every member of our community. Over 450,000 items circulated in the fiscal year ending June 2010, and the number of visitors to the library building has more than doubled in the four years from 2006 to 2010. The library is a thriving, vibrant part of DeKalb, and is an excellent way to invest in our city's future.
While the library does receive funding from the government,
at the local and state levels, only a portion of the operating expenses
come from taxes. The remainder comes from generous donations from
public-minded foundations, corporations, and individuals like you.
Your contribution will:
- Provide quality programming for children.
- Keep our shelves filled with books and materials that are
in high demand.
- Provide professional reference service to the community.
- Provide computer access and Wi-Fi service for all who
- Enable the library to purchase up-to-date materials and
- And so much more.
How Can I Contribute?
There are many ways to support the library. Consider the options listed below, or contact the director, Dee Coover, with any further questions you might have regarding contributions to the DeKalb Public Library.
- Click the Donate button below to give directly
to the library using your credit card. Don't forget that your donation
We Accept the following:
- You can donate your time by volunteering at the library.
We have many opportunities for volunteers and appreciate every
minute of help we can get. Please contact our volunteer coordinator
Kristine Ohman by email or by phone at 815-756-9568 ext 390.
- Support the library with books for the Friends of the
Library Book Sales. All of the proceeds from these book sales go
to support the library's programs and material purchases. When
you drop off your donated books, be sure to ask for a copy of our
tax letter for your records, as your donations are tax-deductible.
- Plan your gift to the library through annuities, wills and trusts by contacting your attorney. These methods of Planned Giving are an integral part of ensuring the DeKalb Public Library's excellence for generations to come.